Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Blog

Hi Everyone and Anyone!

I started this new blog as a way to express my love and respect for animals in a dedicated forum. I have two cats, and live in a neighborhood with all kinds of wildlife around, that I will happily share with you! I would also like to share any special or cool stories about animals that I catch wind of.

I have always been an animal lover, ever since I can remember. I grew up with dogs around the house at any given time. I don't actually remember a time without animals, except for the sad span of time after my dog, Jake, had passed away and I was too heartbroken to get any other pets. In fact, I ended up with a cat as my next pet because the Universe wanted me to have one. The house I bought had come with a cat that was left behind by the previous owners, so I accepted him into my life, and was able to share my love with him. He recently passed away, as he was quite old. His name was Markos, and he was a Seal Point Siamese with blue crossed eyes. He was a sweet-natured cat that everyone in the neighborhood loved, too.
 
Before I had decided that I would accept Markos into my life, he knew he was going to be a part of it already. He waited for me on the front porch, every day that I came home from work. He learned to come when I called for his dinner, even though I found out that other people were feeding him then, as well. He was a very special cat, and I dedicate this blog to him.

I hope you'll enjoy my new blog, as we learn more about the awesomeness of animals together!

No comments:

Post a Comment