Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Cats

Almost a year ago, I was given a feral kitten that was hiding out in my friend's garage. I named her Jilly Boo, because I had just read some of the "Skippy Jon Jones" children's books, and thought she reminded me of one of Skippy's sisters. She hid out under a bookshelf in my craft room for three days, and wouldn't come out when I was in there. Every day that I came home from work, I noticed that she was eating the food I left out for her, drinking the water, and using the litter box. She would be fine. I tried to give her Temptations cat treats, but she'd just look at them. On the fourth day, she actually sniffed the treat and ate it while I was still crouched down in front of the bookshelf that she hid under. On the fifth day, she took it from my hand! I was so happy and excited. We were becoming friends!  On the sixth day, when I reached in to hand-feed her a treat, she bumped my hand with her head and proceeded to rub her face against my out-stretched fingers. I was sooo happy! On the seventh day, she came out from hiding and rubbed against my legs as I sat at my computer. After that, we were hanging out all the time! After taking her to the vet for her kitty shots, I found out that "she" was a "he" and had to rename her, um-HIM, Jimmy Boo. He was already responding to the sound of "Jilly Boo." Jimmy Boo turned out to be the sweetest cat I have ever known, including being more affectionate than Markos! Although he and Markos were fast friends, too. 

Beckham (who you haven't met yet) wasn't as fond of Jimmy Boo. Beckham is my big black and white panther. He hissed at Jimmy Boo for the first week that he was allowed access to him. Jimmy Boo didn't seem to mind, he just stayed curled up in a ball, as small as he could get, while Beckham voiced his opinion on the situation. After a while, they actually started to fight/play with each other, sometimes with Beckham chasing Jimmy Boo, and sometimes with J Boo chasing Beckham! It was happy news for me that they were getting along! There wasn't really any other option, as I wasn't going to let anyone go. These two go at it until the fur flies! But later, I'll see Beck grooming J Boo, and I know it's okay. For now. :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment