Friday, September 17, 2010

Meet Kate!

Kate Moss
Kate was an older cat that came into my life about a year and a half ago. She looks a lot like Jimmy Boo, if he were a girl and really, really old. That's why I think that Jimmy is the reincarnation of Kate. 

Kate wandered into my life a starving, flea-ridden, dirty little cat. She was starving for both care and food. I took her in, introducing her to Markos, Beckham and Smarty. Yes, it was a full house, but she actually took it quite well. The thing about Kate, though, is that even after the vet visit, quarantine, and a plumping up, she still looked a bit raggedy. It was because she was pretty much close to the end. She'd left home for two weeks once, and came back looking like the cat, Churchill, from the Stephen King movie "Pet Semetary." I fed her, cared for her, and she was alright and with us for quite a while... a few months, I guess, when she left for good. I know that she left to die, but it was still heart-breaking. 

And then about six months later, a three-month old Jimmy comes into my life! Same kind of markings, same approximate dainty size. But now we have a whole lifetime to be together! It's a silly thing to think, maybe. But I don't know. It really seems to fit!
Kate enjoying the sun on the deck
 If you really look at them, and take into consideration the age difference, then you can see how much they look alike!
Jimmy Boo
 Kate loved to be pet and she loved to lay in my lap, or on the desk in front of me, if I was on the computer. Jimmy Boo also loves to be pet and loves to lay next to me. When he was a kitten, he loved to lay on the desk in front of me, also, though if he tried that now, Beckham would try to jump up, too, and kick him off. So maybe Kate wanted to stay with me, and she knew that she couldn't in her decrepit condition.... so she came back in the form of a youngster, ready for a lifetime of love. And that's how I got Jimmy Boo. He's a loving, precious companion. He's the same dainty size as Kate was, which I'd always admired and loved about her, but he doesn't have to leave me anytime soon. Sounds like a perfect situation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment